Kohima: COVID-19 cases in Nagaland continue to witness a spike as 309 positive cases were reported in the state on Friday.
Nagaland health minister S Pangnyu Phom took to Twitter to inform about the development.
Out of the new cases, 200 were detected from Dimapur, 63 from Kohima, 32 from Mon, nine from Mokokchung, three from Phek, and two from Zunheboto.
The addition of the new cases increased the state’s tally to 15,580. The number of active cases currently stands at 2,433.
Meanwhile, a total of 112 COVID-19 patients recovered on Friday. Of these, 102 are from Dimapur, nine are from Kohima and one is from Peren.
A total of 12,540 patients have recovered from COVID-19 in the state. The death toll also increased to 112 after one more death was reported on Friday.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art