Kohima: 181 fresh cases of COVID-19 were detected in Nagaland on Thursday taking the total number of confirmed cases to 13,750.
Of the new cases, 98 were detected through traced contacts, 78 are returnees/travellers, four are frontline workers and one is a security man.
Traced contacts comprise 41% of the total confirmed cases, followed by armed forces and security personnel at 35%, returnees and travellers at 18%, and frontline workers at 4%.
Of the fresh cases, 132 were reported from Dimapur, 42 from Kohima, three from Mokokchung, and one each from Kiphire, Mon, Phek and Zunheboto districts.
As per the statistics provided by the health department, Wokha is the only district in the state with no active cases of COVID-19.
Twenty-nine COVID-19 patients (17 from Kohima and 12 from Dimapur) also recovered from COVID-19.
Also read: Nagaland: Lockdown-like restrictions come into force; know what’s exempted
As of Thursday evening, the status of COVID-19 in the state was as follows:
Besides the COVID-19 death toll, another 11 deaths were reported of which 10 are not related to COVID-19 and one is under investigation.
As per the severity of symptoms among the active cases, 973 are asymptomatic, 68 are mild symptomatic, 12 are moderate on oxygen, 17 are severe on oxygen, and two are critical in ICU on ventilator.
- Meghalaya CM: Schools don’t want responsibility of running govt buses
- Picked for India, Manipur footballer’s fate hangs in passport office’s hands
- LDP merges with Congress in Assam
- Assam cash for job scam: 57 civil servants arrested, dismissed
- Sarma launches Mission Lifestyle for Environment’ in Assam
- Over 30 projects being executed under Smart City Mission: Mizoram DyCM