Kohima: The Nagaland Zeliang People Organization, through a notification informed that a public march would be held on Wednesday from Jalukie under Peren district to the state capital in view of the Peren killing incident.
A memorandum would also be submitted to the chief minister’s office in connection to the “murder” of three persons at Lamhainamdi. This will be followed by a candlelight vigil in the evening.
Various student organisations and tribal bodies in the state capital will be observing a candlelight vigil scheduled to take place at 6 PM at the old MLA junction in Kohima. Organised by the Zeliangrong Students’ Union Kohima, several tribal bodies like the Zeliangrong Baudi, Angami Public Organization (APO), Tenyimi People’s Organization (TPO), Zeme Council Nagaland will be part of the event.
Student bodies like the Rengma Students’ Union, Pochury Students’ Union, Chakhesang Students’ Union, and Angami Students’ Union will be extending solidarity messages.
Meanwhile, police sources informed that the government is serious about the matter and trying its best. The case is under investigation by a Special Investigation Team (SIT). The killing incident took place along a disputed area between Peren and Dimapur districts at Lamhainamdi, a week ago.
While three persons were killed, sources had informed that prohibited arms and ammunition were recovered from the incident site. The incident is suspected to be related to a land dispute.
- Assam: Biswanath girl, in shorts, made to wrap curtain to sit for exam
- Not an inch should be given to Assam: Meghalaya Opposition
- Dhoni part of 15-member defence ministry panel on NCC
- Mizo RS member K. Vanlalvena tests positive for COVID-19
- Madras High Court stays certain sub-clauses of new IT Rules
- Virat Kohli will step down as T20 Captain after World Cup In Dubai