Kohima: The Kohima police arrested two people in a case of fraudulent misappropriation of money meant for replenishment of cash at ATMs in Kohima.
The two men, identified as Mankai Konyak (32) and Santosh Khatri (27), were working as ATM operators for Writer Business Service Pvt. Ltd., a cash replenishment agency for the State Bank of India.
The Kohima police informed that as per preliminary investigation, a shortage of cash amounting to Rs 1,84,56,500 from fifteen State Bank of India ATMs across Kohima Town was revealed.
A case has been registered at North Police Station and is being investigated by an SIT led by the sub-divisional police officer (North). In the course of the investigation, the Kohima police have so far recovered an amount of Rs 38,48,000.
It informed that further investigation is on to ascertain the modus operandi and involvement of persons in the fraudulent misappropriation of money meant for ATMs.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence