Kohima: The Kohima police arrested two people in a case of fraudulent misappropriation of money meant for replenishment of cash at ATMs in Kohima.
The two men, identified as Mankai Konyak (32) and Santosh Khatri (27), were working as ATM operators for Writer Business Service Pvt. Ltd., a cash replenishment agency for the State Bank of India.
The Kohima police informed that as per preliminary investigation, a shortage of cash amounting to Rs 1,84,56,500 from fifteen State Bank of India ATMs across Kohima Town was revealed.
Also read: Dimapur is a transit point for facilitating movement of narcotic substances: Nagaland Police
A case has been registered at North Police Station and is being investigated by an SIT led by the sub-divisional police officer (North). In the course of the investigation, the Kohima police have so far recovered an amount of Rs 38,48,000.
It informed that further investigation is on to ascertain the modus operandi and involvement of persons in the fraudulent misappropriation of money meant for ATMs.
- Meghalaya CM says load-shedding will continue, but things will improve soon
- Arunachal: East Kameng police solves ATM robbery case, arrests culprit
- BJP-TIPRA clash on TTAADC budget in Tripura Assembly
- Dimapur-Kohima railway line project work on in full swing: NFR
- Steel slag road technology a boon to BRO: Niti Aayog member
- Mamata urges Prez Murmu to protect Constitutional rights of people