Kohima: The Department of Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Services (AH&VS) warned individuals and groups of rampant encroachment of the department’s property at Medziphema under Dimapur district by private individuals, groups and so on, surrounding four of its property.
The four sites include the Veterinary Field Assistant Training Institute (VFATI), piggery parm, poultry farm, cattle farm, and the fodder field meant for growing fodder for the cattle.
“All these institutes and land belong to the Government. The Department is finding it very difficult to hold them in its possession due to heavy and forceful encroachment by the public,” the department stated.
Also Read | N-IsF: Nagaland bats for sustainable economy via integrated farming
It warned that the four institutes/farms are the “prime possession” of the state government and that losing them will be “poignant” to all stakeholders, besides bearing a great loss to posterity.
The VFATI at Medziphema, according to the department, is one of the premier institutes for undergoing certificate courses on VFA. It claimed that the environment is now disturbed due to encroachment.
- Pro-Khalistani protesters attack Indian Consulate in San Francisco
- I cannot be intimidated by police, cases: Rahul Gandhi
- Indo-Bangla border along Dhubri ‘hot zone of crime’: Assam CM
- AI route to stem jumbo deaths: NFR, RailTel ink MoU for IDS
- Nagaland: Southern Angami Body lifts movement ban on Mao Nagas
- Assam: IGNCA observes 36th Foundation Day