One Jomie Konyak, a self-styled private of the NSCN (KK), was allegedly killed by suspected NSCN (IM) cadres in Arunachal Pradesh’s Longding district on Sunday.
Sources in the police said Konyak (22) was killed in a suspected case of inter-factional-clash between the two outfits.
The incident took place at Chatung Village, around 25km from the headquarters of Longding district.
Konyak belonged to the Wanching Village in the Mon district of Nagaland and had joined the NSCN (KK) in December 2019.
He was operating under self-styled sergeant major Wanglem Wangsu of the NSCN (KK).
Konyak’s mortal remains were handed over to his family members on Monday following a post mortem.
A case under Section 302 IPC, read with Section 27 Arms Act has been registered at the Longding police station.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands