No adverse reaction reported in Nagaland so far Credit: EastMojo Image

Kohima: A total of 4,480 healthcare workers have been vaccinated in the state as part of the COVID-19 vaccination drive. No adverse reaction has been reported in the state among those inoculated, the health department informed.

In its latest weekly bulletin, the department informed that healthcare workers including doctors, nurses and support staff were vaccinated with the COVISHIELD vaccine in the first week of vaccination. The vaccination is conducted in eleven districts of the state on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

While Nagaland received 26,500 dosages of Covishield vaccine manufactured by the Serum Institute of India for the first phase, it is estimated to cover around 12,000 healthcare workers in health units. Principal Director of the Health and Family Welfare (HFW) Dr Vizolie Suokhrie and Mission Director of the National Health Mission (NHM) Dr Kevichusa Medikhru both received the vaccination, amid apprehension among healthcare workers.

According to the health department, no adverse events were reported which needed medical management, among those vaccinated to date. For the vaccination, doses will be administered 28 days apart. The full protection of the vaccine will be seen only after 42 days from the first dose, necessitating the need to maintain COVID-19 appropriate behaviour even after receiving the vaccine.

Also Read: Naga village where Netaji stayed for two months celebrates his birth anniversary

No new COVID-19 cases were reported in the state on Sunday. The total confirmed cases in the state remain at 12,076. One COVID-19 patient recovered on Sunday, increasing the number of recovered cases to 11,742.

The number of active cases is at 104. Nagaland has so far reported 88 deaths of which 78 are due to COVID-19 and 10 are not COVID-19 related death. 59% of deaths are below 60 years. Most common affected age group is 40-49 and 30-39-year age groups.

Multiple comorbidities are associated with a single patient. The most common comorbidities are diabetes and hypertension. All COVID-19 deaths are certified by the state death committee as per ICMR and WHO ICD 10 guideline.

Among the traced contacts, the most affected age group is 21-30 years at 26%, which is followed by 31-40 years at 25%. Among the traced contacts, 60% are male, and the remaining 40% are female. The health department once again reiterated that uncontrolled spread among 21-40 age group is increasing risk in the higher age groups.

The positivity rate among household contacts remains at 29%; government employees at 23 per cent and students at 19 per cent. The positivity rate among symptomatic, pre-op screening, travel purposes coming to Flu clinics continue to remain high at 15%.

Currently, seven districts in Nagaland—Kiphire, Longleng, Peren, Phek, Tuensang, Wokha, and Zunheboto, remain free of COVID-19 with no active cases.

Trending Stories

Latest Stories

Leave a comment

Leave a comment Cancel reply