Kohima: A team of geologists from the state have been assigned to investigate suspected precious materials at Wanching village after videos of its residents searching for crystal-like stones went viral on social media platforms.
As per reports, the residents began digging up for the suspected precious stones after one of its residents found a diamond-like stone in the field.
As videos and pictures of the incident circulated online, the state’s geology and mining department, through its director S Manen issued an order appointing four geologists to investigate about the suspected precious minerals found at Wanching area in Mon district.
The geologists are required to submit a status report at the earliest after investigating the matter.
The assigned geologists are Abenthung Lotha, Longrikaba, Kenyelo Rengma, and David Lhoupenyi. The order was issued on Thursday.
- Security forces apprehend one militant in Manipur
- What improved survival chances in COVID-linked black fungus cases?
- Govt draws flak over appointment of party worker as officer in CMO
- Practice yoga at least 5 minutes a day, says Sarbananda Sonowal
- COVID-19 booster dose not central theme at the moment: Govt
- Vishwakarma Puja 2021: Wishes, greetings and significance