Kohima: Vikehelie Suohu from Kohima village will make his international debut in the upcoming Junior Darts Corporation (JDC) Amateur World Darts Championship to be held in Gibraltar in April next year.
With seven years of experience in darting sport, Suohu, 36, was the winner of the Open Darts Championship in 2014 and the Fun Tree Crew (FTC) Darts Masters last year. Adding to his achievement, he also secured a joint 3rd (team event) and joint 9th (singles) in the National Darts Championship held in Chennai last year.
Suohu will likely be the only Indian dart player to compete in the JDC amateur world darts championship in the adult events. An employee at the Nagaland Board of School Education (NBSE), Suohu virtually competed for 36 days to qualify for the championship.
The championship will be held from April 7-13 in Gibraltar, a United Kingdom overseas territory located near the southernmost tip of the Iberian Peninsula.
Suohu got interested in darting after a friend introduced the game. With his experience, Suohu now plans to run a coaching centre for children below the age of 15 years with the hope to train and guide interested dart players to professionally pursue the sport of darting.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands