Kohima: Nagaland’s incumbent environment minister CM Chang passed away on Monday at Naga Hospital Authority, Kohima. He was 78.
The reason for his death was not yet known.
MLA from Noksen(Tuensang) constituency, Chang was a retired IAS officer and former Member of Parliament from Nagaland.
Chang serving as the Environment, Forest & Climate Change and Justice & Law minister in the state cabinet, was a member of Nationalist Democratic Progressive Party (NDPP) since 2018.
Abu Metha, advisor of CM of Nagaland took to Twitter to share the news. He wrote, “Condolences on the demise of Mr. CM Chang. He was a retired IAS officer, a former LokSabha MP and a serving minister in the Nagaland Govt. Forthright, respected and always a gentleman. He will be missed. A huge vacuum has been created. RIP.”
Nagaland MP Tokheho Yepthomi also shared the news on Twitter. “Deeply saddened by the passing of Shri CM Chang, Minister, Nagaland. He served the people and our State as a Govt official and went on to serve as MLA. A valued colleague during our tenure together in the NLA. Condolences to his family. May he rest in peace.”
- IAF scrambles jets to intercept flight from Iran after bomb threat: Sources
- IAF inducts indigenously-built Light Combat Helicopter
- Arunachal: 3 media bodies elect executive members
- Gandhi look-alike ‘Asura’ at Kolkata puja pandal stokes controversy
- Assam: Puja goes green in Dhekiajuli with zero plastic use
- Mizoram demands good network service, phone connectivity