Teacher's day is not being celebrated this year as the country is mourning the death of former president of India, Pranab Mukherjee
Kohima: Thirteen teachers will receive State Teachers Awards today. Adviser of School Education K Tokugha Sukhalu announced the list of awardees.
Extending greetings to all the teachers of Nagaland, Sukhalu congratulated the state teachers awardees. For the first time, the teacher's day celebration is being observed in the absence of teachers and students due to the COVID pandemic.
Sukhalu said that the celebration is also low key as the state joins the nation in mourning the death of the former President of India, Pranab Mukherjee.
The list of awardees are:
1. Vimelino Kirha, Sr GT from GHS Jakhama under Kohima district
2. Naonghongjemla Ongphang, PGT (Phil) from GHSS Tseminyu under Kohima district
3. T Neiphoa Konyak, PT from GPS Tizit village, Monlem Sector under Mon district
4. KatithoKatiry, GT from GMS Weziho under Phek district
5. William Patton, GT from GHS Longsa under Wokha district
6. Lal Bahadur Ussuk, GT from GHSS Thangjam under Tuensang district
7. Okram Sunder Singh, Headmaster of Public School Dzvuru under Kohima district
8. Bikash Sonar, AT from Little Star HSS under Dimapur district
9. Ronojyoti Roy, AT from Queen Mary HSS under Mokokchung district
10. Tavinto K Sumi, AT from Cornerstone school under Zunheboto district
11. Sunny KU, AT from St John School Kuisam under Kiphire district
12. Sanjib Pal, AT from Phom Lempong School under Longleng district
13. Bijumon Mathew, AT from St Paul School Noklak under Noklak district
COVID-19 pandemic has ushered in many challenges, but we must seek out opportunities to learn and adapt to new circumstances. It has changed the way we live, think and work; these changes are most palpable in the field of education, said Sukhalu.
"If the spread of Covid19 virus can be stalled by the simple task of 20 seconds of handwashing and wearing masks, then we can stop the spread of ignorance by the simple task of giving our time and effort to the task of spreading knowledge to society through our schools," he added.