Kohima: One active cadre of the Myanmar-based banned militant outfit, NSCN (K-YA), was apprehended from Zunheboto by the security forces recently.
The person was identified as self-styled corporal Aputo Awomi of the NSCN (K-YA), who infiltrated in Indian territory from Myanmar along with four accomplice in May this year, an official update from Lt Col L Vincent Patton, PRO, HQ IGAR (N) on Monday said.
The update said that one of the accomplices was apprehended earlier in May. The active cadre of the NSCN-K (YA) was apprehended from general area Alahuto Colony, Zunheboto on July 17 based on specific intelligence regarding presence of the militant in the area.
One 9mm pistol with two live rounds of ammunition were recovered from the arrested person. The apprehended individual along with the recoveries were handed over to police station, Zunheboto for further investigation.
- Paediatric Covaxin: Bharat Biotech completes phase 2/3 trials
- Students who lost parents to COVID won’t be charged exam fee
- Assam government orders inquiry into Bodoland encounter
- Gandhi, Godse, and ‘Freedom at Midnight’
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart
- In a first, 3 cases of Delta plus variant reported in Mizoram