Kohima: The Assam Rifles (AR) and the Nagaland Police seized consignment of contraband items worth Rs 5 crore following an operation launched in the general area of Purana Bazar in Dimapur.
Based on specific intelligence regarding consignment of contraband, troops of Assam Rifles and police respective launched an operation in general area Purana Bazar in Dimapur, an update from PRO HQ IGAR(North) on Saturday said.
Bablu Kumar, a 25-year-old resident of Molapur village under Purbi Champaran (Motihari) district of Bihar, was apprehended. Up to 530 bags of areca nuts, 1,265 bags of dates, 40 bags of black pepper and 150 bags of badi elaichi amounting Rs 5 crore were recovered.
The operation was made as part of the ongoing crackdown by Assam Rifles to prevent illegal activities on Saturday.
The arrested person along with the recovered items were handed over to Superintendent of Anti Smuggling Customs Prevention Division, Dimapur for further investigation.
- Guwahati pedals for change with Mountain Bike race
- Bharat bandh fails to evoke much response in Tripura
- Meghalaya entrepreneur receives special gift from CM Sangma
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands