Nagaland lockdown extension: Existing rules to be on till July 15
Kohima: Following a cabinet meeting on Monday, the state government informed that the lockdown in the state will be extended till July 15 with all existing guidelines.
An order passed passed by the Nagaland chief secretary said that the existing guidelines issued on May 4 with regard to the lockdown in all parts of the state will continue further.
The order also said that the subsequent relaxation orders issued by the state government on June 10 regarding the opening of religious places/places of worship for public, and on June 20 permitting the movement of local taxis and auto rickshaws in the border sub divisions, will continue to remain operational in Nagaland till July 15.
The decision of the state cabinet after a meeting was held on Monday where it received briefings on the COVID -19 situation in the state from the Health Department and the Home Department. Principal Secretary Home said that the Cabinet decided to extend/continue the lockdown in the State up till July 15 after reviewing the existing lock down measures.
As of 6:30 pm on Monday, Nagaland recorded 451 confirmed cases out of which 283 are active cases and 168 are recovered cases with no COVID-19 related death so far.