Kohima: The total count for COVID-19 in Nagaland spiked to 347 as 17 more persons tested positive for COVID-19 on Wednesday. Of the fresh cases, 15 persons are from Kohima and two from Zunheboto.
With 206 active cases, the number of active cases surpassed the number of recovered patients for the second consecutive day. The number of recovered cases stands at 141 as no recovery case has been reported in the past two days.
Nagaland health minister S Pangnyu Phom took to twitter to inform that the 17 fresh cases were tested positive for COVID-19 out of 448 samples that were sent for testing.
The minister tweeted “Out of 448 samples tested, 17 new cases of COVID-19 +ve have been reported. 15 patients from Kohima QC & 2 from Zunheboto QC.
Positive : 347
Active : 206
Recovered : 141
Death : 00
Update at 10:00 AM, 24th June 2020.”
According to the COVID-19 war room update, out of the 347 positive cases 240 are male and 107 are female. As for the age break out, 10 are between 0-17, 326 between 18-44, 10 between 45-64, and one between 65-74.
- Students who lost parents to COVID won’t be charged exam fee
- Assam government orders inquiry into Bodoland encounter
- Gandhi, Godse, and ‘Freedom at Midnight’
- These must-have foods help you have a happy and healthy heart
- In a first, 3 cases of Delta plus variant reported in Mizoram
- Hilsa lovers rejoice as Bangladesh promises export of more fish