Kohima: A total of 31 persons have returned to the state from other North-east states and have been housed at a quarantine facility in Dimapur on Wednesday. The first batch comprised of 11 persons from the Jain community, the second batch of 20 persons returned from Jorhat, Maraini and Titapur .
An official update said that the first batch of the inter-state returnees from North East, comprising of 11 persons from the Jain community, had reached Dimapur by bus around 6:45 PM at the Agri Expo in Dimapur on Tuesday.
On filling necessary details, these persons were screened and sent for quarantine at Jain Bhavan in Marwari Patti, which is a state-approved quarantine centre.
The statement said that the APC and Dimapur in charge for COVID 19, Kikheto Sema lauded the Jain community and other non-Nagas for taking the responsibility for their community. “Nagas should also come forward to take responsibility during such extraordinary time,” he was quoted as saying.
Meanwhile, the second batch of 20 returnees reached Dimapur from Jorhat, Maraini and Titapur in four buses around 9:10 PM. After going through the necessary protocols, these persons were also taken to quarantine centres.
- Meghalaya Lottery August 4: Check Future Flush Morning lottery resultIndia has only 13 states where conducting lottery games have been made legal by the government of India. Meghalaya is […]
- Dalit minor rape: Rahul Gandhi meets victim’s family, says ‘with them’New Delhi: Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Wednesday met the family of the nine-year-old Dalit minor girl who died here following […]
- Assam reports 1,182 new COVID-19 cases, 13 more deathsGuwahati: Assam‘s COVID-19 tally rose to 5,69,439 on Tuesday as 1,182 more people tested positive for the infection, while 13 fresh […]
- COVID-19: India records 42,625 cases and 562 deaths in a dayNew Delhi: With 42,625 people testing positive for the coronavirus infection in a day, India’s total tally of COVID-19 cases rose […]
- Nagaland govt committed to implement RIIN: Deputy CM Y PattonKohima: Nagaland deputy chief minister Y Patton on Tuesday assured that the state government under chief minister Neiphiu Rio’s leadership […]
- Mizoram reports 885 new COVID-19 cases, 3 more deathsAizawl: Mizoram continues to register a spike in COVID-19 cases despite prolonged lockdown as 885 people, including 178 children, have […]