Kohima: Following the order of the office of the Dimapur commissioner of police, the odd-even scheme for vehicular movement in the commercial hub of Nagaland will begin on May 11 and will continue for a period of seven days till May 17. However, the restriction on vehicular movements does not apply to those vehicles exempted through various government notifications that are in force, particularly in the district.
The order was passed by Dimapur commissioner of police Rothihu Tetseo in the interest of safety and security of the public and in order to minimise the movement of non-essential vehicles, under Section 115 of the Motor vehicle Act 1958 ( as amended by Motor Vehicle Amendment Act 2019.
The order said that the odd-even system for vehicular movements will apply in areas covering the National Highway 29 and within the whole town area. With exemption for vehicles that are exempted through various government notifications that are currently in force in the state and in the district, it warned that violators of the said order wil be penalised under section 177 and 179 of the MV Act 1988.
On Monday, Wednesday and Friday, vehicles with registration number ending with odd numbers [1,3,5,7 and 9] will be allowed to permitted.
On Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, vehicles bearing registration number that ends with the even numbers [2,4,6,8 and 0] will be permitted.
The order will come to force on May 11 and continue till May 17, although no particular specification has been made for Sunday. The commissioner of police further appealed all residents to abide by the order for the general interest of the people.
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for September 23
- Assam: 45 high schools upgraded to higher secondary
- NE has been converted into heartland from hinterland: Union minister
- Kashmiri tycoon Sahil Zaroo in jail for ‘raping’ NE girl, bail hearing today
- Twitterati take farmers’ protest online, urge UN to intervene
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for September 23