Family of 4 reportedly consumed ground mushroom at Bhandari town in Nagaland on May 2; while woman and son died of poisoning, the other 2 are said to be stable
Kohima: Two persons -- a woman and her 12-year-old son -- reportedly died in a suspected case of mushroom poisoning at Bhandari town under Wokha district of Nagaland.
An update from the DIPR said that a family of four members at Bhandari town had consumed wild ground mushrooms which turned out to be poisonous. All four were admitted to the Christian Medical Centre (CMC) Vankhosung at Wokha on Sunday.
The 12-year old boy, who is a student of Class VII, died on Sunday evening. His mother reportedly died the next day. CMC managing director Dr Rilanthung Odyuo informed that the man and the elder son are “presently in a stable condition and are under care”.
The man claimed that the family had consumed the ground mushroom on the evening of May 2.