Stay with EastMojo as we give you live updates from the final match between Sikkim and Mizoram at ongoing North East Dr T Ao Trophy 2020 in Kohima, Nagaland
Lalrinchhana Tochhong (C)
David Lalrinmuana (VC)
Sonam Zangpo Bhutia
Kilpo Namgyal Barfungpa
Dom Tshering Lepcha (C)
Tempa Lhandup Bhutia
Sonam Tshering Bhutia
• Dear Friends I bring you greetings and best wishes on the occasion of the closing ceremony of the North East Dr. T. Ao Trophy and also on the occasion of the onset of a new decade, 2020.
• As we all know, Dr. Talimeren Ao was India’s first ever captain of the Indian football team at the Olympic Games. In the 1948 London Olympic Games, when he led team India into the arena, he etched his names in the annals of India sport. He remains one of the greatest sons of Nagaland and a legendary figure who will inspire every generation. He was a champion, a nation builder and an icon who proved that no dream is impossible if one truly desires.
• I must congratulate each and every organisation, all government departments and all individuals who has made the 2020 edition a grand success. I extend my appreciation to all the participants and to my chief minister colleagues of the north eastern states who have sent their teams, all of who have played the championships in an exemplary spirit of sportsmanship. This championship has once again exemplified the fraternity of the north eastern states and I hope that we will continue to build our bonds of friendship under a spirt of unity and mutual co-existence so that together we can rise. Most importantly I want to thank and congratulate the sports lovers and football fans that have come out in thousands to support not just the teams but also the championships as a whole. The success of this event is because of the positive support of the people of Nagaland.
• Before I conclude, let me assure the sports fraternity that the Nagaland Government of Nagaland in collaboration with the Nagaland Olympic Association, the Government of India and the Indian Olympic Association is formulating a comprehensive long-term game-plan to develop sports in the State. We assure you that in the not very far future we hope to not only produce champions but also host national and international events and championships here in Nagaland. All sections and stakeholders must work together as a cohesive unit and each citizen is a member of Team Nagaland. Let us work together as one. “Together we will soar.”
• Thank you for listening, I wish you a pleasant and enjoyable evening.