Guwahati: In a delightful picture doing the rounds on social media, Pope Francis was seen donning traditional Naga accessories at Vatican City earlier this week.
On May 28, Nagaland Bishop Dr James Thoppil presented an eastern Naga headgear, an Angami necklace and a Lotha sash to the the head of the Catholic Church, which he gladly put on.
The eastern Naga headgear was worn by the fiercest warrior of the village during head hunting times and it is a symbol of pride.
This is not the first time it has happened.
In 2015, a similar picture of the Pope did the rounds on social media; then Reverend Dr James Thoppil met the Pope after general audience in St Peter’s Square at the Vatican on April 15 and presented him a Naga headgear and a Naga shawl.
- Promise Day 2023: Messages and wishes to send your loved ones
- Assam: Guwahati’s air quality slips into ‘poor’ category
- Surrogate mother may not be genetically related to child born: Centre to SC
- World’s first environmental clean-up happened 400 million years ago
- JAC seeks clarity on ‘Sikkimese’ definition after SC’s revised order
- 10 Indians stuck in remote areas of quake-hit Turkey, but safe: MEA