Guwahati: A Naga woman performing a popular Tamil Christian song is winning the hearts on Internet.
In a video that is now doing the rounds on social media, Zanbeni Prasad Odyuo is seen singing Ennil Adanga Sthothiram, a popular devotional song in the Tamil language, dressed in a traditional Lotha Naga attire. Her husband, Benny Prasad, adds to the melody with his guitar. The video was reportedly shot when the duo were performing at the Trinity Worship Centre in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
Benny Prasad, Odyuo’s husband, is a well-known instrumental guitarist credited with designing the ‘Bentar’, considered as the world’s first bongo guitar. Benny also holds the world record for being the fastest man ever to visit all 195 countries in the world.
Here’s the video:
Ennil Adanga Sthothiram is a Tamil Christian devotional song, which is part of an album called Stothram by Jolly Abraham containing several traditional and modern gospel songs.
Odyou and Prasad are musicians as well as missionaries, who spread the teaching of gospels through music. The couple is settled in Bengaluru, Karnataka, and co-runs Chai 3:16, a ‘community’ cafe. They got married on August 6, 2016.
- US Vice-Prez Kamala Harris to meet PM Narendra Modi on September 23
- Assam reports 455 new COVID cases, 10 more fatalities
- How Kohli overcame persistent back issues
- Trudeau’s Liberals win Canada election, but miss majority
- NSCN faction chief advocates ‘one solution’ for Naga issue
- Police encounters unabated in Assam, another drug dealer injured