Canadian singer-songwriter The Weeknd is out with his fifth studio album Dawn FM. The album was released through XO and Republic Records on January 7, 2022 and has been narrated by the Hollywood star Jim Carrey.
“The beautiful silence and calmness before the storm… make sure you tune in to #DawnFM tomorrow night… enjoy,” wrote the artist on Twitter.
The Weeknd’s new album features guest appearances from Tyler, the Creator and Lil Wayne and was produced by Max Martin, Oscar Holter, Quincy Jones and Oneohtrix Point Never, alongside himself.
The album Dawn FM is a follow-up to the singer’s fourth studio album After Hours which had come out in 2020. The singer will span a tour to North, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Australia to support both his fourth and fifth studio albums.
Here’s how fans have ben reacting to The Weeknd’s new album on Twitter:
Dawn FM is a psychedelicradio aesthetic with existential themes. Back in November, 2021, the singer elaborated on the theme saying to picture the album being like the listener is dead, stuck in this purgatory state, which he always imagined would be like being stuck in traffic waiting to reach the light at the end of the tunnel.
Listen to The Weeknd‘s Dawn FM album here on Spotify.
- Food systems that’ll feed Mars are set to transform food on Earth
- India’s dream of ‘techade’ will be fulfilled by innovators, their patents: PM
- UNSC does not reflect today’s realities, is paralysed: UNGA chief
- Indus Water Treaty a technical matter, both countries will talk to each other: Jaishankar
- US venture capitalists hope India’s Budget 2023 strengthens startup ecosystem
- PIL filed in SC challenging Centre’s decision to ban BBC documentary