Tezpur-based Assamese Rock band ‘Byortho‘ is all set to release the first single from their debut EP ‘DEUKA‘. The single which is being released is also the title track for the EP.
Byortho consists of five members, with Chinmoy Haloi on the vocals, Swapnaneel Bhattacharya playing the lead guitar, Anirban Goswami on the guitar, bassist Suraj Pratim Senchoua and Inkur Baruah on the drums.
‘DEUKA‘ is Byortho’s first studio album. The track, which is being released through RMC, is about a person’s failure to realise their own ambitions.
“Deuka” in Assamese, means “wings” which is used as a metaphor for “passion” in the track. According to the band, ‘DEUKA‘ came about when the band was facing a lot of problems to contribute towards their love for music during their graduation period. While writing about this sadness, band member Suraj came up with the lyrics, which describe how it all feels in a lyrical manner.
Arranged, recorded, and mixed in Tezpur, the song has various ambient sections, with the style ranging from melodies to a heavy breakdown towards the end, which has all been mixed up to convey the emotions the band went into the project with.
“Writing this song was the way I opted for voicing what I feel when I’m asserted to give it all up for the sake of surviving in this fast-paced world at the cost of dousing my burning passion,” said band member Suraj.
Find the band here.
- Watch: Can Bar Tshangay Falls become Sikkim’s next tourism destination?
- Naga peace talks set to resume as interlocutor, Assam CM step in
- Mizoram: Chakma villages threaten strike over disbursal of grant money
- Arunachal Pradesh gets four more oxygen plants
- Utd Democratic Alliance: Opposition-less govt a reality in Nagaland
- I-T dept: Sonu Sood, associates evaded Rs 20 crore tax, violated FCRA