Tezpur-based Assamese Rock band ‘Byortho‘ is all set to release the first single from their debut EP ‘DEUKA‘. The single which is being released is also the title track for the EP.
Byortho consists of five members, with Chinmoy Haloi on the vocals, Swapnaneel Bhattacharya playing the lead guitar, Anirban Goswami on the guitar, bassist Suraj Pratim Senchoua and Inkur Baruah on the drums.
‘DEUKA‘ is Byortho’s first studio album. The track, which is being released through RMC, is about a person’s failure to realise their own ambitions.
“Deuka” in Assamese, means “wings” which is used as a metaphor for “passion” in the track. According to the band, ‘DEUKA‘ came about when the band was facing a lot of problems to contribute towards their love for music during their graduation period. While writing about this sadness, band member Suraj came up with the lyrics, which describe how it all feels in a lyrical manner.
Arranged, recorded, and mixed in Tezpur, the song has various ambient sections, with the style ranging from melodies to a heavy breakdown towards the end, which has all been mixed up to convey the emotions the band went into the project with.
“Writing this song was the way I opted for voicing what I feel when I’m asserted to give it all up for the sake of surviving in this fast-paced world at the cost of dousing my burning passion,” said band member Suraj.
Find the band here.
- Dussehra 2022: Quotes and wishes to share with loved ones
- BTS returns for special ‘Run BTS’ episode, performs ‘fly yoga’
- Sustainable development important in protection of environment: SC
- Day round-up: Golden boy Amlan shatters Games record in 200m twice, Hima takes silver
- China keen on importing donkeys, dogs from Pakistan: Officials
- Netizens slam Flipkart over massive cancellation following Big Billion Days Sale