1. Tinashe – Bouncin
The second single, following the bubbly summer bop ‘Pasadena’, follows a slightly different path with a more chilly, ambient vibe. One thing’s for sure, 333, the upcoming Tinashe album, is shaping up to be a vibey record.
2. Little Simz – I Love You, I Hate You
London rapper Little Simz returns with another grand hip-hop track, this time chronicling the tales of family dysfunction and generational trauma. The heart-wrenching lyrics are lightened with the help of funky instrumentals which are occasionally interrupted by heart-tingling orchestral arrangements.
3. Yaeji – PAC-TIVE (DiAN)
Another eccentric but minimalist track from Seoul-based singer and producer Yaeji. PAC-TIVE is a mostly lowkey electro track with interesting sounds for the listener to mine.
4. Shaybo – Friendly (feat. Haile)
The London rapper, well known for her tough-as-nails persona, takes a more intimate approach in this afro-beat song which has a super catchy hook. With verses about romantic disappointment and her expectations in a relationship, we see a more vulnerable side of Shaybo who still goes hard.
5. Azealia Banks – F*** Him All Night
Notorious house-dance rapper returns from a long period of legal disputes and Twitter catfights to make a ferociously horny dance track. There is an anticipation for the beat to switch but it sadly doesn’t. Nevertheless, check out this 00s club throwback.
6. Billie Eilish – NDA
A very unexpected fifth single from Eilish’s upcoming album Happier Than Ever, with heavy synths and an angstier sound that was previously absent in ‘Lost Cause’ and ‘Your Power’. Billie returns to form here.
7. Peggy Gou – I Go
The Berlin-based South Korean music producer creates a largely formulaic electro dance club track.
- IndiGo starts operating flights on Imphal-Shillong route
- Mizoram churches condole death of Assam Police personnel in border clash
- Won’t allow illegal coke factories in East Jaintia Hills: MLA Kyrmen Shylla
- Independent committee to probe ‘rice scam’: Meghalaya govt
- Boundary row: Mizoram Youth Congress seeks President’s intervention
- The Optics of India’s ‘Chinky’ medalists at the Olympics