Take a heavy spoon of storytelling. Throw in some lit verses, let emotions simmer it for a few minutes, and you have Rapper Memo Sarkar. Other people rap, Sarkar brews. No wonder, his cocktail of music has made him a household name in the state’s rap scene.
In a recent tête-à-tête with VibesMojo, Rapper Memo Sarkar talks about how he traversed the field of rap in Assam. When asked about his first brush with rap music he said, “I used to listen to Akon, Eminem never knowing that they follow the Hip-Hop and rap style.”
His rap is a blend of English and Hindi and compliments the present rap scene of the state. “In Assam, you can find variations and versatility in the different styles of rap and it’s quite flavourful,” he added.
According to the artist, language has never been a barrier to his music. “There are times when people come up to me and say that even though I did not understand the lyrics I could feel it,” he added.
Enough talking. Now let’s listen to what he has to say:
- Union Minister Pradhan, Meghalaya CM Sangma grace NEHU convocation
- J-K tunnel accident: 8 more bodies recovered; death toll reaches 9
- After Assam success, Local Utpaat wants to wow audiences in other cities
- In pics: Over 500 families suffering in Imphal amid waterlogging, flash floods
- Drugs worth 15 lakh seized along Nagaland-Manipur border
- Rahul Gandhi harming India in his hate against PM Modi: BJP