Take a heavy spoon of storytelling. Throw in some lit verses, let emotions simmer it for a few minutes, and you have Rapper Memo Sarkar. Other people rap, Sarkar brews. No wonder, his cocktail of music has made him a household name in the state’s rap scene.
In a recent tête-à-tête with VibesMojo, Rapper Memo Sarkar talks about how he traversed the field of rap in Assam. When asked about his first brush with rap music he said, “I used to listen to Akon, Eminem never knowing that they follow the Hip-Hop and rap style.”
His rap is a blend of English and Hindi and compliments the present rap scene of the state. “In Assam, you can find variations and versatility in the different styles of rap and it’s quite flavourful,” he added.
According to the artist, language has never been a barrier to his music. “There are times when people come up to me and say that even though I did not understand the lyrics I could feel it,” he added.
Enough talking. Now let’s listen to what he has to say:
- Manipur: Bollywood actor Randeep Hooda marries Lin Laishram in Imphal
- Women’s rights in the balance as India weighs criminalising marital rape
- Nagaland: Water supply halted in Kohima after one found dead in reservoir
- Northeast Petroleum Union calls off strike after govt discussion
- Violence or poverty? The stark choice for many women
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for November 29