Previously known as METET, Nagaland based Run Monday Run is all set to release their first debut single Waza on their youtube channel at 6 pm on Thursday.
The band comprises of very four young and passionate musicians from Kohima, with Metet Jamir as the frontwoman, Akum Aier on the bass, Kosapong Jamir on the guitars and Vitz Zhimo as the producer for the band.
Talking about their debut single with VibesMojo, Akum said, “We took huge inspiration from the Ao Naga folk story ‘Jena and Etiben’, the song Waza is all about young boys and girls singing in the Morung.” The track will be in Ao (Mongsen) dialect blended with a lot of elements of folk and electronic music and a touch of 80’s aesthetics.
The band came into being on December 1, 2018, and performed at the opening of the Hornbill Festival. On asking about any release of the album after the debut single, “Probably not right now but we have plans and materials for a whole album so that just might happen sooner than we think,” Akum added.
Run Monday Run is a folktronica band, and they are inspired by Naga folk songs and folklore. They try to mix it with EDM to give a modern vibe to their music. The band is also ready for tour and gigs and have asked their fans to keep an eye on their social media pages.
- PM Modi meets UP ministers in Lucknow, stresses on good governance
- Rajnath Singh launches 2 indigenously built warships ‘Surat’ and ‘Udaygiri’
- Trained sniffer dogs may detect Covid infected airport passengers: Study
- WPI inflation at record high in April on price rise across all items
- Manipur: Even floods can’t stop these kids from coming to school in Noney
- Govt OKs exporting wheat registered with customs prior to ban