Mumbai: Hollywood star Chris Hemsworth’s superhero film “Thor: Love and Thunder” will be available to Disney+ Hotstar subscribers in India from September 8, the streamer has announced.
The Marvel Studios movie, also starring Natalie Portman, was released in Indian theatres on July 7.
Disney+ Hotstar made the announcement on its official Twitter page on Monday night.
“Huzzah! Marvel Studios’ #ThorLoveAndThunder is a #DisneyPlusDay premiere, streaming September 8 only on #DisneyPlusHotstar in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada and English,” the streaming platform said in a tweet.
In “Thor: Love and Thunder”, Hemsworth returns as the titular superhero, a role he previously played in three solo and four “Avengers” films. Portman also returns as Jane Foster from “Thor” (2011) and “Thor: The Dark World” (2013).
Filmmaker Taika Waititi, who directed the 2017 blockbuster “Thor: Ragnarok”, has also helmed the fourth installment in the series. Waititi reprises his role as Korg, a Kronan gladiator who befriended Thor in “Ragnarok”.
The film also stars Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie, Jaimie Alexander as Sif and Russell Crowe as Zeus.
“Thor: Love and Thunder” marks the debut of Christian Bale in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The “Batman” star plays Gorr the God Butcher in the movie.
Also Read | Manipur: 2 UNLF cadres arrested in separate ops
- Picked for India, Manipur footballer’s fate hangs in passport office’s hands
- LDP merges with Congress in Assam
- Assam cash for job scam: 57 civil servants arrested, dismissed
- Sarma launches Mission Lifestyle for Environment’ in Assam
- Over 30 projects being executed under Smart City Mission: Mizoram DyCM
- New Catfish species discovered in Arunachal