Mumbai: Boxing legend Mike Tyson is set to make his Bollywood debut in an upcoming sports drama feature “Liger”, starring Vijay Deverakonda.
“Liger” is directed by Puri Jagannath, who is also backing the film via his banner Puri Connects along with Karan Johar’s Dharma Productions.
Dharma Productions made Tyson’s casting announcement on its official Twitter page.
“Introducing the master of the ring to the Indian screens! Kicked to announce that the dynamite @MikeTyson has joined the cast of #Liger!” the tweet read.
While details of Tyson’s role are yet to be revealed, as per the teaser video it appears he will face off with Deverakonda’s character in the boxing ring.
Considered to be one of the greatest heavyweight boxers of all time, Tyson most famously played a fictionalised version of himself in the 2009 Hollywood hit film “The Hangover” and its 2011 sequel “The Hangover Part II”.
He has also starred in “Ip Man 3”, the 2015 film in the popular Hong Kong martial arts film series.
Also featuring Ananya Panday, “Liger” will be released theatrically in five languages — Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Kannada and Malayalam.
The makers are yet to announce the release date.
- 60th statehood day: Nagaland CM hopes for early solution to Naga issue
- Newly discovered species of owl could already be in danger
- Nagaland: Naga morung in Kohima village brings ‘a taste of tradition’
- Garena’s Free Fire Max Redeem Codes for 1 December, 2022
- President Murmu, PM Modi greet people of Nagaland on statehood day
- Meghalaya: Bernard Marak calls on people to vote out MDA