After completing the film festival circuit, and winning the best regional short film award at the Rajasthan International Film Festival, the trailer of Samujjal Kashyap’s short film Maya Baidew is now online.
Apart from winning awards, the movie also received official selections at the Toronto Lift-Off Film Festival, 9th Delhi Short International Film Festival, 7th Goa Short Film Festival, 11th Dada Saheb Phalke Film Festival, and 9th Kolkata Short International Film Festival.
KC Digital Films created Maya Baidew in the year 2019. The film is written and directed by Kashyap himself with Pramod Das as the producer, Saif Khan, and Raja Baruah as the DOP (Director of Photography), music by Harjeet Diaz under the Kadambari production house. “What’s most interesting is that 70-80% of the actors in the film are non-actors,” said Kashyap. Prajna Sharma, Satyen Das, Jintu Neel Baishya, Rupam Ryan Deka, Aarhi Bezbaruah are a few of the leading actors in the film.
The trailer with its low drum-beat ambient music paired with the equally serious voice over by Kopil Bora gives a feeling of impending doom and makes us wonder what the “shocking revelation” actually is. ‘Maya Baidew’ is all set to release on YouTube on February 27, 2021.
- Naga Students’ Federation condemn Athuan Abonmai’s murder
- Nagaland gets first child-friendly court at Wokha
- What’s all the hype around Garena Free Fire Max about?
- Yemeni officials: Clashes over key city kill 130 fighters
- Top Assam Maoist Tingraj Orang surrenders
- Centre extends nationwide COVID-19 containment measures till Oct 31