‘Veerangana’, an Assamese documentary film on the country’s first female commando unit, was declared the Best Documentary at the Cochin International Short Film Awards, 2021. Veerangana is produced and directed by Kishore Kalita, an advocate of Guwahati High Court. The results were announced on 8.2.2021, Tuesday. The documentary portrays the role of Veerangana instinctively and powerfully dealing with crime against women.
‘Veerangana’ is written by Utpal Datta. The camerawork was executed by Nagen Baishya, the editing is by Diganta Borah, music and sound designing is by Abhijit Barman, while Ambarish Barkataky is its colourist and subtitles are written by Prantik Deka. The title song in the documentary is rendered by popular singer Zublee Baruah.
The heart-warming documentary has bagged a number of awards at various film festivals in India and abroad.
The 21-minute long documentary portrays various activities and duties of Assam Police and their role in effectively dealing with crime against women in Guwahati.
The Veeranganas have won several hearts and have become a huge role model for the women in Assam and the Northeast. The documentary film is an eye-opener for the public with its portrayal of various activities that women commando unit performed. The documentary portrays various activities of the female commando unit, complemented by interviews, still photos and clips.
- Infant mortality rate dips in Arunachal Pradesh
- India reports 13,451 new COVID-19 cases, 585 deaths
- Khanapara Morning Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara lottery for October 27
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: How to check winners of Shillong lottery for October 27
- Assam reports 347 fresh COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths
- China locks down Lanzhou as Covid cases surge due to delta variant