Netflix has taken huge strides in India becoming the most popular video streaming platform offering a plethora of content, local and foreign. Riding on the popularity of shows such as Sacred Games and Delhi Crime, Netflix has brought about many more shows and movies in local languages giving a boost to the Indian “touch” worldwide. As the ocean of video streaming expands itself creating and featuring content with each passing day, Netflix has brought about joy to all Assamese film enthusiasts this New Year with their announcement to feature Village Rockstars, an award winning Assamese feature film, on January 15.
The movie revolves around a young girl, Dhunu (Bhanita Das) and her dream to lay hands on a guitar and start a rock band but bound to the limitations of her family and society. A dreamer, Dhunu sleeps with a guitar cut out of ‘thermocol’ as she sees no end to her quest filled with laughter and tears.
India’s official entry to the Oscars 2019 for foreign feature film category, Village Rockstars has acclaimed many laurels since its release in September 2018 such as bagging the National Film Award for Best Feature Film of 2018. Director Rima Das’s venture portrays nature in parallel with the actors creating a blend that is visually stunning complementing the narrative.
Also Read: Anurag Saikia Collective goes LIVE with its first song ‘Kukuha’https://vibesmojo.com/music/anurag-saikia-collective-goes-live-with-its-first-song-kukuha/
During this Bihu season as families come together do tune into Netflix as Village Rockstars bring the scent of Assam to your screens and into your hearts.
- Watch: What made this Assam teacher bow down before students?
- Singhu border lynching: Victim’s family says he was ‘god-fearing’
- NE records 4- 5°C higher than usual, weather likely to improve in next 24 hrs
- 25-yr-old dies as violent mob attacks ISKCON temple in Bangladesh
- NSCN-IM firm on separate flag, constitution; NNPG holds talk with GoI
- Scotland Yard probes Islamist terror link to British MP’s fatal stabbing