Aizawl: Former India footballer Jeje Lalpekhlua has joined Mizoram’s main opposition party Zoram People’s Movement (ZPM).
The 32-year-old Lalpekhlua joined ZPM on Monday at his home town Hnahthial, party general secretary Eddy Zosangliana Colney said.
Lalpekhlua, who is currently camping at Lunglei for the municipal polls slated on March 29, also confirmed to PTI about joining the ZPM.
Help sustain honest journalism.
Lapekhlua who hanged his boot last month, was the AIFF Player of the Year in 2016.
Also Read | Mizoram police warns amid sharp increase in online fraud
- Fast X review: proof that there’s method in madness of the franchise
- More looted arms recovered in violence-hit Manipur
- Assam: 3F Oil Palm collaborates with state govt for ceremonial plantation
- Naga club vandalism: Angamis urges NSF to withdraw FIR
- 57 arms, 318 ammunition, 5 bombs recovered in strife-torn Manipur
- 15 construction workers killed in vehicle collision in Bangladesh