Aizawl: Mizoram’s Deputy Chief Minister Tawnluia laid the foundation stones for the City Centre shopping complex project at Aizawl’s Bara Bazar and a playground at Hlimen.
Laying the foundation stone for the Rs 41.59 core City Centre project on Thursday, Tawnluia said it will not only benefit residents of Aizawl but also the people from the rural areas.
The City Centre is part of the Aizawl Smart City project under the Centre’s Smart Cities Mission.
Tawnluia, who also holds the Urban Development portfolio, said when completed, it will be handed over to the Commerce and Industries Department.
The proposed City Centre will have two blocks with a seven-storied building and a five-storied building, Aizawl Smart City Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Lalrothanga said.
It will house 1,105 shops, he said.
The playground, to be built at a cost of Rs 6.81 crore, is also part of the smart city project.
Thirty projects are being implemented under the Smart Cities Mission in the Aizawl Municipal Corporation (AMC) area, and 10 more are in the pipeline, Tawnluia said.
He exuded hope that the projects, when completed, will change the face of the state capital.
Also read | Mizoram: Polling for 99 village councils in MADC on April 18
- Pakistan out of economic vulnerability phase: Finance Minister Dar
- Army unveils trophy of ‘Red Shield Assam Badminton’ tourney
- USTM mulls centre for sustainable development for Northeast
- Manipur: 130 weapons deposited in Imphal arms ‘dropbox’
- Arunachal to focus on people’s support for sustainable development
- ‘Biparjoy’ likely to intensify into extremely severe cyclonic storm in 12 hrs: IMD