Aizawl: Two persons, one of them a Myanmar national, were held with heroin in Mizoram, officials said on Thursday.
Acting on a tip-off, officials of the Excise and Narcotics Department seized 69.9 gram of heroin from the possession of a 32-year-old Myanmar national in Serchhip town on Wednesday, they said.
In another operation on Tuesday, 123 gram of heroin was seized near the Myanmar border in east Mizoram’s Champhai district, they said.
Help sustain honest journalism.
A 24-year-old man from Champhai town was arrested, they added.
The two accused were booked under relevant sections of the Narcotics Drugs & Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985 (NDPS Act), officials said, refusing to disclose the value of the seized drugs to avoid encouraging smuggling.
Also Read | Mizoram: State govt curbs sale of glue traps for rodent control
- Climate doomism is bad storytelling – hope is much more effective at triggering action
- Trump not alone in US presidential pantheon of controversies, scandals
- Assam: Submission date under Mission Basundhara 2.0 extended
- Meghalaya: CRPF celebrates ‘Raising Day’ in Tura
- Itanagar police seized heroin worth Rs 90 lakh, arrest 21 peddlers in March
- Palm Sunday 2023: Wishes and greetings for your loved ones