Aizawl: Acting on specific information, a combined team of Assam Rifles and Special Branch (CID) of Aizawl police recovered arms and ammunition at Aizawl’s Chite veng locality on Thursday, Assam Rifles said in a statement.
Two persons were apprehended in connection with the recovery, it said.
The recovered arms and ammunition included two point 22 pistols, four live rounds of point 22 ammunition, two point 22 pistol magazines, it said.
One Royal Enfield Bullet bike was also seized from the two accused, it said.
The recovered arms, ammunition and the two accused were handed over to Bawngkawn police station the same day, the statement added.
Help sustain honest journalism.
According to Assam Rifles, the recovery has prevented the loss of precious lives.
In another recovery, a combined team of Assam Rifles and Customs department recovered 110 bags of smuggled areca nuts worth Rs. 61.6 lakh at Zote village in Champhai district near Myanmar border on Wednesday.
Also Read | Mizoram: State govt curbs sale of glue traps for rodent control
- BJP conspiring against Rahul Gandhi to not let him contest 2024 LS polls: Mizoram Cong
- Assam: Oppn MLA moves bill for land rights in Brahmaputra’s char-chaporis
- Retail inflation for industrial workers remains flat at 6.16 pc in February
- Assam Cabinet approves DA hike for govt employees
- Mizoram cop on hunt for Myanmarese ‘killers’, locals seal border
- Assam governor felicitates boxer Lovlina on World Championship win