Aizawl: Acting on specific information, troopers of Assam Rifles and Custom officials seized over 2. 6 grams of heroin worth Rs 13.3 crore in east Mizoram’s Champhai town near the Myanmar border on Sunday, an official of Assam Rifles said.
Two Myanmar nationals were apprehended for possessing the contraband, the official said.
Help sustain honest journalism.
“The seized heroin was concealed in 200 soap cases,” she said.
The accused and seized contraband were handed over to Customs preventive force in Champhai on Sunday for further legal proceedings, she added.
Also Read | Mizoram CM says 150 cr invested in healthcare under SEDP
- Assam: Submission date under Mission Basundhara 2.0 extended
- Meghalaya: CRPF celebrates ‘Raising Day’ in Tura
- Itanagar police seized heroin worth Rs 90 lakh, arrest 21 peddlers in March
- Palm Sunday 2023: Wishes and greetings for your loved ones
- Tripura to host G20 conclave on clean energy from Monday
- Arunachal: Army personnel dies in landslide, body recovered after 4 days