Aizawl: At least four persons were arrested for possessing heroin worth over Rs 10 lakh at separate locations in Aizawl on Sunday, an official of the state excise and narcotics department said on Monday.
Officials of the excise and narcotics department recovered 503 grams of heroin worth over Rs 9.75 lakh from the possession of three persons at Bawngkawn area on Sunday, he said.
In another seizure, excise officials and volunteers of the Young Mizo Association (YMA) also seized 11 grams of contraband during a joint operation at the Falkland area in Aiza the same day, he said.
A drug peddler was arrested for possessing the contraband band worth about Rs 25,000 in the local market, he said.
Help sustain honest journalism.
The four accused were booked under relevant sections of the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, he said.
The excise department seized 3.5 kilograms of heroin in January.
Also read | BJP will win the minority vote in Tripura 2023: Pratima Bhoumik
- Active Covid cases above 10,000 after 134 days
- Govt taking effort to lower volume limit for vehicle horns: Meghalaya Dy CM
- Manipur: Fake liquor manufacturing unit busted in Thoubal
- Nagaland to allow sale of liquor to foreign delegates during G20 meet
- US-born Mongolian boy named 3rd highest Buddhist leader by Dalai Lama
- Galactic parade: 5 planets to line up on March 28, India to get stunning view