Aizawl: Towards the end of 2022, a new chapter was written in the history of Mizoram in the Sakawrtuichhun locality. For the first time ever, Rebecca Lalruatkimi, a single woman, was elected as the branch president of the Young Mizo Association (YMA).
With this, Lalruatkimi became only the second woman president of a YMA unit. In 2010, Teresa Rothangpuii was elected as a YMA president of Sairang locality, becoming the first woman YMA president. Lalruatkimi is the second woman president and the first single woman elected for this post.
- PIL filed in SC challenging Centre’s decision to ban BBC documentary
- UK PM Rishi Sunak sacks Tory party chief over tax penalty row
- Arunachal CM asks BJP workers not to allow ‘money culture’ during elections
- Widows of deceased employee entitled to family pension: Gauhati HC
- Assam: APDCL to hike power tariff by 50 paise per unit from February 1
- Sikkim to see rallies over SC verdict on Sikkimese Nepali