Aizawl: At least three persons were apprehended here after heroin worth Rs 2.5 crore was seized from their possession, Assam Rifles said in a statement on Wednesday.
Acting on specific information, personnel of Assam Rifles and state excise and narcotics department officials carried out a joint operation at Aizawl’s Bawngkawn area on Tuesday and seized 503 gm of heroin from the possession of the three accused, the statement said.
The seized heroin was concealed in 40 soap cases, it said.
Help sustain honest journalism.
The three accused and the seized contraband worth Rs 2.51 crore were handed over to the excise and narcotics department for further legal actions, the statement added.
- Manipur: 3 insurgents, including one woman, arrested in separate ops
- Meghalaya 2023: AL Hek’s rally sees hundreds of supporters
- BJP will win the minority vote in Tripura 2023: Pratima Bhoumik
- New Music Monday: Evangeline, SAD B!TCH, Stunt Double & more
- MHA files review petition in SC on observations on Sikkimese Nepali
- Assam: Families point to ‘erroneous’ data in ID cards behind child marriage arrests