Aizawl: A special court on Thursday sentenced two former engineers-in-chief of the state Public Works Department (PWD) to undergo imprisonment in a graft case.
Special judge (Prevention of Corruption Act) HTC Lalrinchhana convicted Liansanga and Lianchungnunga, both retired PWD engineer-in-chiefs in connection with the construction of Serkhan – Bagha Road.
Help sustain honest journalism.
While Liansanga has been sentenced to undergo 5 years imprisonment besides Rs. 40 lakh fine, Lianchungnunga was slapped with 4 years imprisonment and a fine of Rs. 20 lakh.
The special court has so far convicted 19 people in five graft cases during the current year.
Also Read | Mizoram Governor accepts minister’s resignation
- Faith and superstition: A journey via the eyes of the poor in Panisokori
- Why bioplastics won’t solve our plastic problems
- Increased maternal education in India linked with lower under-five deaths: Study
- Meghalaya: Wildlife dept to probe death of barking deer in Tura
- New NCERT textbooks revised as per NEP likely from 2024-25
- QS World University Rankings 2023: IIT Guwahati among world’s best for 14 subjects