Aizawl: Union Minister of State for Environment Forest and Climate Change Ashwini Kumar Choubey on Tuesday distributed appointment letters to 79 youths in Mizoram as part of the Centre’s Rozgar Mela initiative.
The 79 recruits are those who got jobs in Assam Rifles, Border Security Force (BSF), Services Selection Board (SSB) and Overseas bank.
The virtual programme of Prime Minister Narendra Modi distributing appointment letters to 71,000 new recruits in view of Rozgar Mela was also held at Assam Rifles base here.
Speaking on the occasion, the Union Minister laid emphasis on the importance of the youths as they are the hope of the nation.
He said that youth power (Yuva Shakti) is the nation’s power.
The Union Minister arrived in Aizawl on a three-day visit on Monday.Choubey, who also holds Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution portfolio, also held review meeting with officials of state food, civil supplies and consumer affairs department, FCI, Bureau of Indian Standard and Central Warehousing Corporation on Tuesday,
He also held a meeting with officials of state forest department and pollution control board.
Choubey also interacted with state governor Hari Babu Kambhampati and assembly speaker Lalrinliana Sailo.
The Union Minister will leave for Delhi on Wednesday, according to officials.
- India will give direction to world in ‘Amrit Kaal’: Modi in RS
- Footfall at Nagaland’s Hornbill festival? Over 66K tourists
- RBI hikes lending rate by 35 bps to 6.25%; home, auto loans get dearer
- Meghalaya govt unveils Asia’s first drone delivery hub
- Nagaland: Kohima Forest Division releases book titled ‘Feathers and Leaves’
- HC zaps village call on Nagaland PWD minister as lone ’23 candidate