Guwahati: In yet another success in its crusade against smuggling activities, Serchhip Battalion of 23 Sector Assam Rifles recovered 159 grams of heroin worth Rs 79.50 lakh from Zokhawthar village in Mizoram’s Champhai district on Friday.
The operation was carried out by a team of Serchhip Battalion and Zokhawthar Police.
Acting on specific inputs, the troops noticed suspicious movement of a woman from the Myanmar side, along the border. During spot checking, ten soap cases and one small plastic bottle were recovered from her possession.
As per inputs, the approximate market value of the recovered contraband is worth Rs 79.5 lakh. The arrested person identified as Tialduhrem, 43, is a resident of Khawmawi in Myanmar.
The arrested woman and the seized items were handed over to Zokhawthar Police Station for further legal proceedings.
The ongoing smuggling of drugs is a major cause of concern for the state of Mizoram, especially along the India-Myanmar Border.
Also Read | Mizoram reports 82 new COVID-19 cases
- Armed Forces Flag Day 2022: Things you need to know
- Meghalaya: NEHU to tie up with pvt company for work on Agri project
- Meghalaya: Gokhale a ‘psycho’, will file defamation case, says Dy CM
- Female umpires to break new ground during Ranji Trophy
- Manipur Guv reviews developmental works underway in Noney district
- Assam: Morigaon DC orders probe into PDS rice scam in district