Aizawl: The Mizoram police rescued nine exotic wildlife species at Vairengte along the Mizoram-Assam border on Wednesday, police said in a statement.
The statement said that alert and vigilant Vairengte police check gate duty staff rescued the nine exotic wildlife species being smuggled in a vehicle.
The rescued species included two Capybara and seven grey monkeys.
The driver of the vehicle, identified as John Lalramnghaka (39), and his accomplice Lalremruata (20), both from Vairengte were arrested, it said.
Further probe is in progress, the police statement added.
- HIV cases in Assam surge with 2,269 more testing positive since April
- What is a DAO? Different types of DAOs
- Meghalaya: ECC to stage protest as govt fails to frame action plan for coke plants
- Assam: Servo Brainjam Quiz Fest 2022 begins in Guwahati amid fanfare
- India’s Covid infection tally rises by 226, active caseload declines to 4,529
- Himanta announces additional Rs 5 cr for Assam Agitation Welfare Trust