Aizawl: Acting on a tip off, the Assam Rifles and Mizoram police seized 458 grams of heroin worth Rs. 1.92 crore during a joint operation in Aizawl on Thursday, a statement released by the Assam Rifles said.
A Myanmar national has been arrested for possessing the contraband.
The seized contraband and the accused were handed over to the state police for further legal action, said the statement.
The country’s oldest paramilitary force is making massive efforts to curb smuggling activities in the state, it added.
Also Read | Mizoram’s massive economic crisis could continue until end of year
- Sri Lanka to opt for domestic debt restructuring post-IMF bailout
- Govt raises interest rates on most small saving schemes
- Assam Assembly pays tribute to Bodofa on ‘chatra divas’
- International startup workshop in Kolkata to build entrepreneurial capacities
- Assam CM Himanta threatens defamation case against Kejriwal
- April Fools’ Day: 10 fun ideas to prank your friends and loved ones