Aizawl: A militant belonging to the banned National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) outfit was arrested in the Mizoram capital on Wednesday, Assam Rifles said in a statement.
Acting on a tip-off, a joint team of Assam Rifles and Mizoram Police conducted a search in a house in Vaivakawn locality in Aizawl and nabbed Jacob Hrangkhawl, the self-proclaimed president of NLFT (BM) faction, it said.
Three mobile phones and two diaries were seized from his possession, it added.
- Why Ruptu Gogoi believes CWG is like Mt Everest for Lawn Bowls
- World’s first ‘parastronaut’. Will anyone be able to go to space one day?
- India’s presidency of G-20 a matter of pride for all citizens: PM Modi
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for December 5
- Assam conservationists win big at Sanctuary Wildlife Awards
- Nagaland Lottery December 5: Check Dear Sun Monday lottery result