Aizawl: Assam Rifles have seized heroin, Methamphetamine tablets and foreign cigarettes altogether worth over over Rs.5 crore during operations at different locations in Mizoram in the past two days, an Assam Rifles officer said on Wednesday.
He said that personnel of the country’s oldest paramilitary force posted along the Indo -Myanmar border in a joint operation with Mizoram police on Tuesday seized 226 grams of heroin worth Rs. 1.33 crore at Zokhawthar village in Champhai district on the Mizoram- Myanmar border.
One person has been arrested for possessing the contraband, he said.
Acting on specific information, personnel of 2 Assam Rifles posted in Aizawl recovered 58,000 tablets of Methamphetamine worth Rs. 1.74 crore from the possession of two persons at Chawlhhmun area in Aizawl on Monday, he said.
Assam Rifles also recovered a substantial quantities of foreign cigarettes worth Rs. 2.25 crore during operations at different locations near the Myanmar border between Monday and Tuesday, he said.
All the accused and seized items during the past two days were handed over to the concerned authorities for further legal proceedings, he added.
- Three PFI offices sealed in Assam, strict watch on members
- Will not contest Congress prez poll, apologised to Sonia: Ashok Gehlot
- Khanapara Teer Result today: Winners of Khanapara Teer for September 29
- Assam look to tame Gujarat for Lawn Bowls women’s Four semis berth
- CBI leads major crackdown against drug cartels; 127 cases registered, 175 arrested
- Mizoram: Tourism dept employee sacked over alleged misbehaviour