Aizawl: Assam Rifles in a joint operation with Mizoram Police seized heroin worth Rs 55 lakh in the international market from near the Myanmar border in Mizoram’s Champhai district, an officer said on Friday.
Acting on specific information the security forces seized 110 gm of heroin from the possession of two persons in east Mizoram’s Champhai district on Wednesday, the officer said.
The heroin was believed to be smuggled from Myanmar, he said.
The seized heroin and the two accused were handed over to Champhai Police, the officer said.
- Women’s Hockey WC: India eye revenge against England in opener
- How to stop thinking the worst will happen when you’re stressed
- How the music of an ancient rock painting was brought to life
- Your body’s internal clock dictates when you eat, sleep, might have a heart attack
- Nagaland: Truck from Manipur kills 5, injures 3 in hit-and-run case
- Tripura: Major blow to IPFT; breakaway faction joins TIPRA