Aizawl: A 25-year old woman, who is under the Director of Revenue Intelligence’s scanner, was arrested at Lengpui airport in Aizawl on Friday, police said.
Acting on specific input, the accused Sabbathhlui, a resident of Bawngkawn neighbourhood in Aizawl, was arrested upon her arrival at the airport from Kolkata, the police said.
She was wanted in a case registered by the Directorate of Revenue Intelligence (DRI) in connection with the recovery of 3,900 poppy seeds, 4.1 lakh sticks of foreign cigarette and cosmetics worth Rs. 1.5 crore from her residence recently, police said.
She was handed over to DRI in Aizawl for further legal action, the police said.
- New music! The latest by Ama Lou, Alewya, Tierra Whack and Flohio
- BTS: ‘V’ takes Paris by storm, ARMY can’t cope with his style
- Ambubachi Mela ends, public worshipping resumes at Assam’s Kamakhya temple
- Tripura by-polls: BJP sweeps three constituencies, Cong retains 6-Agartala
- How Yangmila Zimik from Ukhrul built her food brand with just Rs 500
- Active COVID-19 cases in country rise to 92,576