Aizawl: President Ram Nath Kovind arrived in Mizoram’ capital Aizawl for a one-day visit to the northeastern state on Thursday, an official said.
He was received by state home minister Lalchamliana and other important officials at the Lengpui airport here, he said.
The president will attend a convocation ceremony of Mizo University in the evening at 4 pm, he said.
He will leave for Delhi on Friday at around 10:45 am, the official added.
This is the second visit by Kovind to Mizoram after he assumed the office of President in July 2017.
The president made his maiden visit to the land locked northeastern state in November 2017 and addressed a special session of the state assembly.
He had also inaugurated housing complexes for economically weaker sections under the ‘Basic Services to Urban Poor Scheme’ in Aizawl during his two days visit.
- Arunachal: One more held in APPSCCE-2017 paper leak case
- ‘I have experienced racism in my life’: UK PM Rishi Sunak
- Meghalaya CM Sangma felicitates athletes, launches sports scholarship
- Manipur: Heroic homecoming for footballer Dangmei Grace at Imphal Airport
- Hornbill Festival 2022: WW-II peace rally, cultural shows, Naga chef, and much more
- Mizoram: Assam man’s body found after 18 days of stone quarry incident