In a major operation, Assam Rifles personnel in Aizawl recovered a huge cache of weapons and warlike stores and detained four persons near Aizawl on Sunday, Assam Rifles sources said.
The operation was carried out near Kelsih village, about 19 km south of Aizawl, the sources said.
Acting on specific information, the Assam Rifles team intercepted two vehicles near Kelsih village, it said.
During spot-checking, weapons and warlike stores, which included three pump-action shotguns, five .22 rifles, seven telescope sights, 20 boxes of air pellets, 3000 kilograms of explosive (gelatin), 2000 metres of safety fuse and 100 kilograms of gunpowder, among others were recovered from the two vehicles, it said.
It is one of the biggest arm recoveries made in the Aizawl district in last few years, it said.
The sources also said that four persons have been detained and two vehicles used for transporting the weapons and warlike stores were also seized.
- Two quakes rock Assam, Meghalaya
- Manipur nurses’ potential recognised by foreign countries: Dr Sapam Ranjan
- Tripura: Cabinet approves schemes for PwD; health & IT policy soon
- India, Nepal ties will benefit entire humanity in global situation: Modi
- BJP works to create divide, Cong to connect with all: Rahul Gandhi
- Army completes Court of Inquiry into killing of Nagaland civilians